DI® Press Technology
A Smarter Way to Print: High Quality and Environmentally Friendly Digital Offset Printing
DI® printing is the process of sending a digital file directly to a digital offset press. This process eliminates the production steps associated with film-based or other offline platemaking. Presstek DI presses allow printers to be more competitive in a market that continually demands faster turnaround time and shorter press runs at lower costs—without sacrificing quality. DI is an enabling process brought about by the interaction of three core Presstek technologies—laser imaging, thermal digital media, and a unique press design.
With a direct imaging press a digital file is sent directly to the press without the use of traditional offset or computer-to-plate processes. All four plates are simultaneously imaged on press, in precise register, and automated press settings ensure high quality consistently throughout the run without significant operator intervention – from digital file to sellable sheet in ten minutes.
With a DI press, you can:
- Eliminate production steps and variables normally associated with off-press platemaking
- Profitably address the fastest growing segment in the printing marketplace—full color runs of 500 to 20,000
- Operate your pressroom with less skilled staff, accommodating the growing issue of finding and retaining highly trained press operators
- Efficiently and profitably bridge the volume gap between toner-based digital printing and conventional offset printing
- Improve the profitability of both toner-based and offset printing cost centers by apply the most appropriate technology to each job in a hybrid production model.
- Be environmentally friendly.